Why Should You Join The Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors
The Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors is a group of Naturopathic Doctors with a common interest in Naturopathic Perinatology; including family planning/fertility, pregnancy, birth, newborn & pediatric care. The APND members offer nutritional and lifestyle counseling, as well as a range of other Naturopathic modalities including Homeopathy, Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Botanical medicine, Soft tissue manipulation and Hydrotherapy, as a means of providing comfort and support to the mother and child before birth and afterwards. We also provide fertility counseling & treatments, pre- and post-natal classes, breastfeeding support, induction/postdates consultations, birth plan counseling, on-call support and postpartum depression assessment. Many of our Naturopathic Doctors attend births as Doulas/professional labour assistants and the APND provides peer support and back up for them. We provide continuing naturopathic care for newborns through childhood and beyond.
We maintain an on-line group to discuss new issues in prenatal care, and our website is used as a resource for the public and other health professionals. We also host conferences, webinars and attend a wide variety of trade shows and public events. The APND supports research and collaborative community-based partnerships that promote women-centered health and well being related to fertility, pregnancy, birth and pediatrics.
We welcome new members of all levels of experience and involvement in our field. If you would like to make a referral to the APND or request more information, please contact email@example.com Breastfeeding babes/babes in arms are welcome to attend all events with their mothers.
Some events and perks in the works for 2015-16 year:
- The Baby Show, The Direct Energy Centre, Toronto, ON
- NYANP Annual Conference, NYC
- Webinar- “Turning Strangers into Clients” Sandra Bekhor. Sandra will offer an initial consultation without fee or commitment to attendees/members.
- The National Women’s Show, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Toronto, ON
- The Institute of Women’s Health & Integrative Medicine, Portland, OR
- Webinar – “Connection Parenting – Attachment Parenting Beyond the Infant Years” Sarah Rosensweet. Free 20 minute call to interested parents and 20% for packages to attendees/members.
- Webinar “ Endocrine Function and Environmental Exposure – Assessment and Detoxification Outline” Andrea Gruszecki, ND
- Ottawa Health and Wellness Expo, Ottawa, ON
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Best Start Annual Resource Conference
- Plus MORE!!!
- New relationships with Naturopathic colleges, vendor relationships passing on discounts to members, social media membership promotion, etc.
Tell us what you would like – speakers to learn from, events to participate in, products and promotions to enjoy, and we will do our best to deliver. If there is an event in your city that we could support, let us know and we will promote perinatal health! Of course, we would love help and your support in return. Renew for 2015-16 and enjoy!